#175 How to Write Better Stories Faster
Today, Johnny, Sean, and Dave give you a sneak peek at the content in their upcoming 9 episode discussion series, StoryShop. From character to plot, and setting to outlining, find out what it takes to make an indie author successful by writing better stories faster.
- Something cool: The London Book Fair, SPP is front page New & Noteworthy for Apple Podcasts!
- The overview of writing better and faster? Planning. And it’s not just for collaborators.
- What beats are, and how the guys use them together, and writing solo.
- When you’re brainstorming, or showering, don’t freak out if you forget an idea. It’ll come back.
- Plot and Character, and why your characters can be real jerks when it comes to sticking to your outline.
- Research is absolutely necessary, and can absolutely derail you.
- Characters matter – if you don’t care if a character dies, then what is the real value of the stakes involved?
- How great settings can be characters, and techniques to make it ‘lived in.’
- Building the Outline: taking character, setting, plot, and incorporate it into a super-effective planning tool.
What if you could make your writing FAST, FUN, and BETTER THAN EVER?
In the indie publishing world of rapid releases and blistering word counts, it's easy to end up burned out with subpar work, and a loss of the enjoyment that once fueled your craft.
There's a better way. Download your free copy of 'How to Write Fast' today...