8Q45 Fantasy Author Christian Brown
Bestselling author of the critically acclaimed Feast of Fates, Christian A. Brown received a Kirkus star in 2014 for the first novel in his genre-changing Four Feasts Till Darkness series. He has appeared on Newstalk 1010, AM640, Daytime Rogers, and Get Bold Today with LeGrande Green. He actively writes a blog about his mother’s journey with cancer and on gender issues in the media. A lover of the weird and wonderful, Brown considers himself an eccentric with a talent for cat-whispering.
- Your work has been described as ‘genre changing.’ How has your work changed the fantasy/speculative fiction genre?
- What got you into writing fantasy/speculative fiction in the first place?
- You’ve also had a career in health & fitness—how do you think that experience has helped your writing career?
- On days when you don’t feel like doing the work, what motivates you to get going?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- When you think of someone who is truly successful, who comes to mind, and why?
- Who do you think of as your biggest and best mentor and/or inspiration?
- What epitaph would you most want to be written about you, when it’s all said and done?
Where can people find you, and do you have anything you’d like to promote? www.christianadrianbrown.com
Thanks everyone, and if you’d like to find any of my books, podcasts, or more, check out all things Wordslinger at kevintumlinson.com.
To get live show reminders: https://sterlingandstone.net/liveshow.
In 15-Minute Dictation, Platt and Silver show you how to adjust your approach to dictation to leave behind frustrating starts and stops and finally be able to produce more books in less time: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/15-minute-dictation/
This is a book about how Dave understands darkness, its place in story, and how I make dark fiction that people enjoy reading. And, at its heart, this book isn’t just about the dark, but also the light. And in our darkest times, it’s more important than ever that we hold onto the light. But first, we must be willing to explore the darkness: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/into-the-darkness/
If you’ve ever wondered what sets the outstanding career authors apart from the wannabes, if you’ve ever been faced with doubts and fears, this is the book for you. Pick up your copy of The 10X Author today!: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/the-10x-author/
In How to Write Fast, Platt and Silver show you how to shift your approach to writing to dramatically increase your natural speed, while tapping into your inner storyteller and unleashing more of the stories you were born to tell: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/how-to-write-fast/
You are the main character of your own story, so why not construct your story the way a writer does? The Story Solution will show you how! If you’re ready to take charge of your life the way a writer takes charge of their story, then pick up your copy today: https://sterlingandstone.net/storysolution