AUA02 Special StoryShop Bonus Episode
- StoryShop isn’t a replacement for apps like Scrivener – instead, it’s the perfect pre-writing app that exports to writing apps.
- Beginning with the Character section, the ease of use is apparent. The character pages look much like a social media profile, with intuitive ways to add details (Character DNA) and relationships.
- Q: Can you explain why Scrivener isn’t sufficient for this?
- The Setting section is much more visually-minded, and images will be extremely easy to add.
- Things are all connected – from beats to characters to settings – and the process of referencing information about one from within the other will be very streamlined.
- StoryShop will be iterative. Features will be improved and added over time.
- Q: How do you upload an image, and where can it come from? What about sound files?
- Q: Do you need beta testers for the app?
- Q: What will the app cost?
- Q: Is it a subscription model, or will there be a cheaper or free version?
- Q: Where can the info I enter into the StoryShop app be exported?
- Q: Will there be a timeline in the app?
- Q: Will there be a desktop only version? Can you use it offline?
- Q: Will there be an aspect where users can reference genre and story arc types?
- Q: What bugs will you be featuring in version 1? 🙂
- Q: Will people be able to suggest features for future iterations of the app?
- Q: Are there early bird specials for people who support the app during the Kickstarter funding phase?
To get live show reminders: https://sterlingandstone.net/liveshow.
In 15-Minute Dictation, Platt and Silver show you how to adjust your approach to dictation to leave behind frustrating starts and stops and finally be able to produce more books in less time: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/15-minute-dictation/
This is a book about how Dave understands darkness, its place in story, and how I make dark fiction that people enjoy reading. And, at its heart, this book isn’t just about the dark, but also the light. And in our darkest times, it’s more important than ever that we hold onto the light. But first, we must be willing to explore the darkness: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/into-the-darkness/
If you’ve ever wondered what sets the outstanding career authors apart from the wannabes, if you’ve ever been faced with doubts and fears, this is the book for you. Pick up your copy of The 10X Author today!: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/the-10x-author/
In How to Write Fast, Platt and Silver show you how to shift your approach to writing to dramatically increase your natural speed, while tapping into your inner storyteller and unleashing more of the stories you were born to tell: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/how-to-write-fast/
You are the main character of your own story, so why not construct your story the way a writer does? The Story Solution will show you how! If you’re ready to take charge of your life the way a writer takes charge of their story, then pick up your copy today: https://sterlingandstone.net/storysolution