IO02 Personal and Business Freedom with Joanna Penn
Joanna Penn is SPP regular, but today, the guys are talking with her about how she has iterated and optimized the two branches of her business, fiction and nonfiction.
- What are some of the biggest changes you’ve seen over the lifetime of self-publishing?
- You write both fiction and nonfiction; how do you decide what’s next?
- What’s your definition of ‘freedom?’
- What do you think about the trend of successful and unsuccessful authors making courses?
- In your business, how have you handled incremental growth and hiring?
- How have you handed your list building, ads, and other types of marketing?
- What have been the biggest roadblocks to growth for you?
- How have you managed and optimized social media in your business?
- You’ve always been forward focused; what do you see in the future of indie publishing?
To get live show reminders: https://sterlingandstone.net/liveshow.
In 15-Minute Dictation, Platt and Silver show you how to adjust your approach to dictation to leave behind frustrating starts and stops and finally be able to produce more books in less time: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/15-minute-dictation/
This is a book about how Dave understands darkness, its place in story, and how I make dark fiction that people enjoy reading. And, at its heart, this book isn’t just about the dark, but also the light. And in our darkest times, it’s more important than ever that we hold onto the light. But first, we must be willing to explore the darkness: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/into-the-darkness/
If you’ve ever wondered what sets the outstanding career authors apart from the wannabes, if you’ve ever been faced with doubts and fears, this is the book for you. Pick up your copy of The 10X Author today!: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/the-10x-author/
In How to Write Fast, Platt and Silver show you how to shift your approach to writing to dramatically increase your natural speed, while tapping into your inner storyteller and unleashing more of the stories you were born to tell: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/how-to-write-fast/
You are the main character of your own story, so why not construct your story the way a writer does? The Story Solution will show you how! If you’re ready to take charge of your life the way a writer takes charge of their story, then pick up your copy today: https://sterlingandstone.net/storysolution