Killer Publishing Apps with Seth Atwood (Self Publishing Podcast #157)
Masterbeats—a new apps for writers, which will be finished and out sometime in the near future—is probably the best thing to happen to indie authors since Write Publish Repeat hit the stores. You’ll love all the features this baby will have, as explained by none other than Seth Atwood, the developer spearheading the app’s creation.
Seth has some amazing ideas for this app. Here are just a few features mentioned on this week’s show:
- Templates for story structure
- Accessibility on line and as an app for just about any device, so you can beat on the go
- Default character pictures and actors’ headshots, so you can cast your characters
- Sample questions that come to you randomly, so you can “interview” your characters and get to know them better.
- The ability to collaborate and share beats with others, right in the app
Totally stoked to see this app come to life? Join the club! We’ll have periodic updates on the show and on our site, so you can stay in the loop as Masterbeats is developed! Also, you should check out strangewindstudio.com the the latest on what Seth is up to!
Here are some of the questions that were answered:
- How viable is Rain Maker for authors? Do the guys recommend it?
- Is using Amazon’s advertising services a good idea?
- If you get a cover at 99 Designs, can you reuse the cover for other books?
Here’s the video version:
What if you could make your writing FAST, FUN, and BETTER THAN EVER?
In the indie publishing world of rapid releases and blistering word counts, it's easy to end up burned out with subpar work, and a loss of the enjoyment that once fueled your craft.
There's a better way. Download your free copy of 'How to Write Fast' today...