SPP208 Writing to Market with Chris Fox
- Johnny talks about his coming move and the guys compare internet bandwidth sizes.
- Something cool: Dave’s happy about Karma Police; Sean’s something cool is the Smarter Artist stuff coming down soon
- Sean says pick up Chris’s book, Write to Market and read it, then buy the audio book and listen to it. It’s that’s good.
- You can’t just pick a market and write in it; but as an indie, you have a lot more flexibility.
- Chris shares the way he looks at stats to decide what to write next, ‘trend-watching.’
- Understanding fads and book longevity.
- Johnny questions the viability of chasing trends that are too niche
- Sean pitches a sci-fi solution to market noise and also-bots.
- Chris gives some extra hacks around reader psychology and why people read what they read.
- Dave gripes about the books that suck but still do well, and Chris gives his encouragement for writers.
- There are unwritten rules when crossing genres, like it’s okay to have some Western in your Fantasy, but not so much to have Fantasy in your Western.
- Johnny and Chris discuss loving the genre before you write in it; you should have a lot of fun writing.
- Chris talks the pros and cons of pre-orders on Amazon and shares his experience.
- Sean talks about what ‘boxes to tick’ when writing to market – not just your intended audience but also for you as a creator.
- Chris talks about the huge mistake he made by publishing an extra chapter just before it went live without sending it to an editor first.
- They guys talk about some Scrivener issues YOU need to be aware of if you’re collaborating.
What if you could make your writing FAST, FUN, and BETTER THAN EVER?
In the indie publishing world of rapid releases and blistering word counts, it's easy to end up burned out with subpar work, and a loss of the enjoyment that once fueled your craft.
There's a better way. Download your free copy of 'How to Write Fast' today...