SPP283 with Kelly Lytle of Findaway Voices
Kelly Lytle of Findaway Voices (http://www.findawayvoices.com/) joins us as we discuss a new platform for audiobook production and the future the audiobook market for indie authors.
- Kelly breaks down what Findaway Voices is and how it handles audiobook narration.
- He explains the difference between Findaway Voices and the other audiobook options available for indie authors.
- Kelly shares how pricing breaks down for creating audiobooks with Findaway Voices.
- So what’s the catch? Kelly explains how they can compete with giants like ACX.
- Kelly also gives us his response to: “I’m a new author, but I only have a few books out. Should I do audio?”
- Johnny and Kelly talk about audiobook length and how distributing wide to other audiobook subscription services enables the success of shorter books.
- Kelly explains how the royalty rates work.
- Kelly tells us what he expects the audiobook market to look like six to twelve months from now.
- Findaway Voices is on the inside working with audiobook venders. Kelly shares about how they work with authors and vendors for the best results.
- Sean and Kelly talk expectations and how to determine your potential return on investment.
- Dave is excited about Amazon’s show called Fortitude, a murder mystery that takes place in the arctic circle. It’s totally in is wheelhouse: mystery, excellent camera work, and people suffering.
- Johnny’s something cool is a self-described “fever pitch of cool.” StoryShop Writer (http://www.storyshop.io/) is available, and he’s finally experiencing what a true drafting tool can be, and how it will streamline their story studio’s production process. Sean experiences showing off StoryShop to the world.
- Sean is watching a show on Netflix called Disjointed. It’s a modern sitcom with a laugh track, but with Kathy Bates and writing that pushes the format.
To get live show reminders: https://sterlingandstone.net/liveshow.
In 15-Minute Dictation, Platt and Silver show you how to adjust your approach to dictation to leave behind frustrating starts and stops and finally be able to produce more books in less time: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/15-minute-dictation/
This is a book about how Dave understands darkness, its place in story, and how I make dark fiction that people enjoy reading. And, at its heart, this book isn’t just about the dark, but also the light. And in our darkest times, it’s more important than ever that we hold onto the light. But first, we must be willing to explore the darkness: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/into-the-darkness/
If you’ve ever wondered what sets the outstanding career authors apart from the wannabes, if you’ve ever been faced with doubts and fears, this is the book for you. Pick up your copy of The 10X Author today!: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/the-10x-author/
In How to Write Fast, Platt and Silver show you how to shift your approach to writing to dramatically increase your natural speed, while tapping into your inner storyteller and unleashing more of the stories you were born to tell: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/how-to-write-fast/
You are the main character of your own story, so why not construct your story the way a writer does? The Story Solution will show you how! If you’re ready to take charge of your life the way a writer takes charge of their story, then pick up your copy today: https://sterlingandstone.net/storysolution