SPP292 with Mark Lefebvre Life After Kobo
After many years at Kobo Writing Life helping authors learn to be better entrepreneurs, Mark Lefebvre has stepped down from his position to start a new chapter of his career. Johnny, Sean, and Dave talk to their favorite former Kobo representative about his career, what’s next for him, and what he sees on the horizon of publishing.
- Mark introduces his replacement at Kobo.
- Mark explains why he and Kobo split ways.
- For someone who is so involved in the publishing world, this is the first time Mark has had the opportunity to spend the majority of his time on the author side. Mark talks about moving into writing full time.
- Mark shares what he believes to be next for him and how he wants to continue contributing to indie author community.
- Mark talks about what he sees for the future of publishing for both traditional and indie authors.
- The smarter artist knows that relationships are important to moving your career forward. Mark talks about the relationships he’s built, their importance for authorpreneurs, and how to build them.
- Mark tells us one thing that traditional authors still do much better than indie authors.
- Mark talks about the future of ebooks and the next generation’s adoption digital reading and the future of digital storytelling.
- Mark reminds us that you can’t compare yourself to the top few authors in the field, and that you’re only in competition with yourself.
- Mark just started reading Bonfire by Krysten Ritter (https://www.com/Bonfire-Novel-Krysten-Ritter-ebook/dp/B01NB1EOJ6/) and he things it’s great.
- Johnny is having trouble ordering the SNES Classic and started watching shows that he’s had in the queue for quite some time.
- Dave’s something cool is Eminem’s new album “Revival.” As a backup, he’s excited about The Punisher (https://www.netflix.com/title/80117498).
- Sean is reading The Circle by Dave Eggers (https://www.com/Circle-Dave-Eggers-ebook/dp/B00EGMQIJ0/).
To get live show reminders: https://sterlingandstone.net/liveshow.
In 15-Minute Dictation, Platt and Silver show you how to adjust your approach to dictation to leave behind frustrating starts and stops and finally be able to produce more books in less time: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/15-minute-dictation/
This is a book about how Dave understands darkness, its place in story, and how I make dark fiction that people enjoy reading. And, at its heart, this book isn’t just about the dark, but also the light. And in our darkest times, it’s more important than ever that we hold onto the light. But first, we must be willing to explore the darkness: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/into-the-darkness/
If you’ve ever wondered what sets the outstanding career authors apart from the wannabes, if you’ve ever been faced with doubts and fears, this is the book for you. Pick up your copy of The 10X Author today!: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/the-10x-author/
In How to Write Fast, Platt and Silver show you how to shift your approach to writing to dramatically increase your natural speed, while tapping into your inner storyteller and unleashing more of the stories you were born to tell: https://sterlingandstone.net/book/how-to-write-fast/
You are the main character of your own story, so why not construct your story the way a writer does? The Story Solution will show you how! If you’re ready to take charge of your life the way a writer takes charge of their story, then pick up your copy today: https://sterlingandstone.net/storysolution