SSP011 How to Know When to Give Up on a Story
If you spend a significant amount of time storytelling, you’ll eventually face a project that you’ll either need to shelve or scrap. There are times when it comes as a great relief, but other times it can be very painful. In this episode, Johnny, Sean, and Dave share their experiences with scrapping projects and teach us:
- Why you might consider dropping a project.
- How Dave dealt with a story that he felt was broken, and why he decided to scrap it.
- How Yesterday’s Gone Season 3 was complicated and broken, and why Dave decided it still needed to be done.
- Why it’s important to understand your skill level.
- How one develops the ability to learn when to stop working on a project.
- Why Sterling and Stone has developed a front-end process to know if a project should be worked on.
- Why sometimes there are projects that are just too hard or bigger than us.
Are you wondering what the ever-growing demand for superb storytelling skills means for your future? Check out our latest interview as Johnny and Sean dive deep into that question in “Storytelling Is the Future: How to Build On Your Self-Publishing Success.”
Download the interview from the info box or show notes in YouTube or head over to https://www.sterlingandstone.net/future.
What if you could make your writing FAST, FUN, and BETTER THAN EVER?
In the indie publishing world of rapid releases and blistering word counts, it's easy to end up burned out with subpar work, and a loss of the enjoyment that once fueled your craft.
There's a better way. Download your free copy of 'How to Write Fast' today...